Sanity in the World?

Into all lives, a little Sanity must fall.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

See post here: About Me

Sunday, January 01, 2006

The Beginning

Where to start?

I was recently turned on to the blogs during the election when I found more truth coming from most of them than the Mainstream Media. It is a sad day when we no longer can trust the Media, those that we look toward for the news and updates on daily events to tell the truth.

Blogs on the other hand, are the recent "upstarts" those individuals who supposedly sit around in the bathrobes and pop pimples while writing their commentary. While this description leaves a lot to be desired, the truth also is left from the description that many give the Blogs. What the mainstream media fails to recognize (perhaps they do see it and are closing their eyes and chanting "I don't see you!!" over and over again thinking it will go away) is that Blogs are here to stay, they are for the most part the truth or the seekers of the truth that the media fails to give us. While the MSM puts their own bias in their reports, I see this also in the Blogs, and there is nothing wrong with this as long as you know when you are reading it where they stand.

Unfortunately for the MSM they say they are impartial but so many now know this is not true, Blogs are biased, or at least "slanted", but I have also noticed they almost always back up what they say with links and articles that support their ideas. If the MSM has a problem with what Blogs have to say, they have only themselves to blame, since most information also comes from the MSM to support what the blogs have to say.

I came across the blogs during the election as I stated earlier, getting a lot of my information from realclearpolitics.com, an excellent site, looking through the link section, I came across the blogs. I made my way thru the Drudge report, and after filtering through several different types of blogs I settled into a daily reading from LGF - Little Green Footballs, Michelle Malkin, Powerline, Captains Quarters, No Left turns, Hugh Hewitt and Instapundit.

While I know they have their points of view, I tend to whole-heartedly agree with most of what is said by them and while I have created a blog here, it is not my intention to have this be any more than just my opinions, which of course, I will back up with proof.

***UPDATED***

Favorite type of music: Smooth Jazz, 80's Pop
Favorite musical groups/performers: Evanescence, Men at Work, Rick Springfield, Toby Kieth
Favorite soundtracks: From the Hackers
What's in you car CD/Casette player right now: Michael McDonald
Do you play an instrument: None, have a guitar, need to learn to play.
What instruments do you wish you could play: Guitar, Sax, Harmonica
Why these intruments: Guitar (just want to), Sax (from Intro to Mike Hammer), Harmonica (Huey Lewis & the News)
One pillow or two: One
Croutons or bacon bits: Bacon Bits
Favorite salad dressing: Ranch, Catalina or Russian
Have you ever had your appendix or tonsils removed: Nope
Have you ever gone skinny-dipping: Yes
Do you make fun of people: Hard not to at time - Can't fix stupid
As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up: Fighter Pilot
What would be your dream job now: Retired Lotto Winner
Places you'd most like to visit: Canada, Aztec Ancient Ruins, Pyramids in Egypt, Underwater Coral Reefs
Your first car: a shove-it..err I mean a Citation
Dream car: '73 Mach One Mustang
Favorite season: Fall - Love the crisp air and the colors
Favorite board/card game: Backgammon / Chess
Favorite hobbies: Reading, PS2 and Computer games, Blogging
Favorite sport to play: Built like a linebacker and I never played sports - Go figure.
Favorite sport to watch: not the biggest sports fan - Gets in the way of good shows lol
Favorite place to chill: In the woods by a creek
What is your bad time of day: Mornings and Mondays
What is your good time of day: Evenings - Late Night
Favorite cologne: Drakkar
Favorite scent of candle: Mulberry
Favorite flower/plant: Lavender Roses
Favorite authors: Stephen R. Donaldson, Harry Harrison, Mercedes Lackey, Orson Scott Card
Favorite book genre: Fantasy
Favorite book: The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, Stainless Steel Rat, Ender's Game
Favorite magazine: Maximum PC
Favorite movie you have seen recently: Lord of the Rings, Van Helsing, Evolution, Underworld
Favorite movie of all time: Don't really have a favorite.
Favorite actors/actresses: Michael Keaton, Bruce Willis, Kurt Russell, Kevin Spacey, Mel Gibson, Morgan Freeman
Favorite TV programs: CSI & NCIS
Favorite comic strip character: Calvin & Hobbes
Favorite food: Mexican
Chocolate or Vanilla: Chocolate
Favorite ice cream: Peanut Butter Cup
Favorite alcoholic Drink: Rum & Coke
What is your bedtime: Mignight-ish to 2am
The first thing you think of in the morning: ungh coffee...
Favorite thing to do when you're home alone: Turn up the music
Things that make you feel good: Getting my way lol
Things you don't like: Skeeter bites
Best feeling in the world: My Kids - wouldn't trade them for the world
Do you get motion sickness: After spinning my daughter for longer than 5 minutes..yeah
Roller Coasters: Fun, but haven't rode in years.
Thunderstorms: Love em
Pen or Pencil: Gel Pen
Do you like to drive: Yeah, but sometimes I like to look out and watch the world go by.
Do you sleep with stuffed animals: Used to (ages ago), gave the stuffed rabbit to my daughter
What is on the walls of your room: Pack of wolves in the moonlight
How would you characterize your political leanings:
Don't rightly know. I would say center to right. The left just scares me.
If you could pick one super-human power, what would you choose:
Fly - I love the wind in my hair